Managing Director, Portfolio Manager
“A good aggressive growth company doesn't just seize new opportunities - it can also create them.”
- 39 years of investment industry experience
- Joined a predecessor organization in 1983
- Member of the ClearBridge Management Committee
- Shearson American Express - Portfolio Manager of the Shearson Aggressive Growth Fund - 1983; Portfolio Manager of Mid/Small Capitalization Growth Portfolios - 1991
- Chemical Bank - Vice President, Trusts and Investments
- Drexel Burnham Lambert - Vice President, Research
- MBA in Finance from New York University
- BS in Accounting from Brooklyn College
Richie explains the core investment philosophy of the Aggressive Growth Strategy.
Richie co-manages the Aggressive Growth, Multi Cap Growth and All Cap Growth strategies and various Energy MLP Closed-End Funds. He is a member of the ClearBridge Investments Management Committee. He has been fascinated by the stock market since 1966, when at the age of 13 he would sit in a local brokerage firm after school and watch the ticker. Richie has 39 years of investment industry experience.
In 1983 Richie joined Shearson American Express, a predecessor organization, as co-manager of an aggressive growth mutual fund. He became a portfolio manager for ClearBridge Multi Cap Growth portfolios in 1991. His prior positions include vice president for trusts and investments at Chemical Bank and vice president of research at Drexel Burnham Lambert. Richie received his BS in Accounting from Brooklyn College, and his MBA in Finance from New York University. Richie is a New York baseball enthusiast and enjoys playing golf in his spare time.